Course date: Please enquire
An in-depth introduction of the fundamentals of heat transfer and practical tools for solving heat-transfer problems and design of heat-transfer equipment.
Cranfield University is located at the very heart of the UK – within the innovation triangle between London and the cities of Oxford and Cambridge.
Our central location provides easy access from the M1, excellent main line rail service as well as proximity to key international airports. Set in rolling countryside, Cranfield offers a rich, rural landscape complemented by thriving towns and picturesque villages.
- Road: We are just 10 minutes from Junctions 13 & 14 of the M1 motorway. There is free parking on campus.
- Rail: Milton Keynes or Bedford
- Air: London Luton (22 miles), Heathrow (50 miles) or Birmingham (70 miles).
10% discount applies if booked 8 weeks in advance.
10% discount for 3rd and subsequent delegates from the same company/site.
Accommodation is on a full-board basis from the evening before the course commences until the afternoon of the last day. The course fee includes refreshments and lunch during the day. The accommodation fee includes all other meals. Details of accommodation will be provided in the delegate information pack.
Dr Ossama Badr
Dr Ilai Sher
How to register
For more information on this course or booking details please contact:
Academic Operations Unit
T: + 44 (0) 1234 754192
Please note that international delegates who require a letter of invitation from Cranfield University to support visa applications will be provided this once your booking has been confirmed.
The delegate will gain the ability to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the principles governing the transfer of heat.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the techniques, tools and skills required to solve typical thermal-related engineering problems.
- Apply the knowledge gained, and acquire independently any further information, for the analysis of energy flows in complicated systems and the design of efficient heat-transfer equipment.
- Steady-state and transient conduction (one-and multi-dimensional systems)
- Forced and natural convection (analytical and practical tools)
- Thermal radiation
- Boiling heat transfer
- Condensation heat transfer.
Who Should Attend?
Engineers who work in the energy, process, or chemical industry, design practices or services.
Five days of lectures, including fundamentally practical examples. All delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the course.
For any query regarding our short courses, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upgrade to a Professional Qualification
This course is a module of the MSc in Energy Systems and Thermal Processes.