Waste and Resource Management MSc/MTech/PgDip/PgCert
The key features of this programme include:
- Excellent career prospects
- Tailored for industry
- Professional accreditation
- Cranfield graduates are highly sought after by the waste sector
Career prospects for students on the Waste and Resource Management course are excellent. The waste management industry is undergoing a change in strategy as a result of the introduction of increasingly arduous legislation, tougher enforcement, and better educated consumers making demands about the environment. This is stimulating considerable investment by the waste industry in alternative technologies to reduce and reuse waste, rather than rely on simple landfill. This sector therefore has an urgent requirement for well qualified staff with management expertise who can meet the challenges of this future sustainable agenda.
The course has been developed, with considerable input from the sector, to address this demand. There are numerous benefits associated with undertaking a postgraduate programme of study at Cranfield University. These include:
- undertake projects in consultation with the waste and resource management industry, government and its agencies, local authorities and consultants
- lecturing from leading academics as well as industrial practitioners
- work alongside a strong research team within the Centre for Resource Management and Efficiency
- dedicated support for off-campus learners including extensive information resources managed by Cranfield University's library
- strong links to the multi-utility, waste and resource management sector
- geographical proximity to authentic waste facilities for site visits
- established capabilities in waste management, environmental technology and processing.