Course options - Pipeline Engineering
Subsea pipelines are key both to field development and the transportation of oil and gas. It is also a key global industry. This Pipeline Engineering course focuses on the skills required to understand the materials, installation and maintenance issues associated with this important infrastructure.
Students on this course benefit from access to a range of facilities including the Welding Engineering Research Centre’s specialist facilities for pipeline-related work.
The course comprises eight one-week assessed modules, a group project, and an individual thesis project.
Students complete six core modules with a further two optional modules selected from the list below in consultation with the Course Director. These provide the ‘tools’ required for the group and individual projects.
- Corrosion in the Offshore Environment
- Materials in the Offshore Environment
- Offshore Inspection
- Offshore Pipeline Design and Installation
- Safety, Risk and Reliability Offshore
- Failure of Materials and Structures
- Finite Element Analysis and Materials Modelling
- Offshore Renewable Energy - Technology
- Reliability Engineering and Asset Risk Management
- Subsea Oil and Gas Exploitation