Offshore and Ocean Technology MSc/MTech/PgDip/PgCert programme
Key benefits of the Offshore and Ocean Technology postgraduate level programme include:
Full and part-time:
- Offshore and Ocean Technology with Offshore Materials Engineering
- Offshore and Ocean Technology with Offshore Renewable Energy
- Offshore and Ocean Technology with Pipeline Engineering
- Offshore and Ocean Technology with Risk Management
- Offshore and Ocean Technology with Subsea Engineering.
The UK is a maritime nation, receiving a significant contribution to its economy from sea-related activities. It is estimated that these activities account for nearly 5% Gross Domestic Product (GDP), providing employment for almost one million people. Of this, offshore oil and gas exploration and production activities account for close to 300,000 jobs. Offshore renewable energy activities will extend employment opportunities. Demand for well-qualified personnel is high and is likely to remain so.
The postgraduate level Offshore and Ocean Technology programme aims to provide an understanding of the underlying science, engineering principles and relevant management techniques in relation to the specialised option selected. It will raise students' awareness of recent technical developments within the relevant industries and improve communication, presentation, analytical and problem solving skills. Graduates possessing this expertise are highly sought after by international companies operating in this sector.
This programme is suitable for engineering and science graduates keen to pursue careers within the offshore sector; or graduates currently working in the offshore and ocean-related industries keen to extend their qualifications; or individuals with other qualifications who possess considerable relevant experience.
There are numerous benefits associated with undertaking a postgraduate programme of study within the Sustainable Systems Department at Cranfield University. These include:
- Study in a postgraduate-only environment where Masters' graduates often go on to secure positions in full-time employment in their chosen field, or undertake academic research
- Receive instruction from leading academics as well as industrial practitioners
- Dedicated support for off-campus learners including extensive information resources managed by Cranfield University's library
- Consultancy to companies supporting their employees on part-time programmes, in relation to individual and group projects.