Health Administration MSc (India)
Module 5 - Enterprise Modelling
To extend the student’s appreciation and understanding of integrated management systems within the context of the wider organisational environment through the application of modelling tools, techniques and methodologies.
- Introduction to management systems modelling
- Overview of methods and techniques
- Soft systems practice
- Process description capture tools and techniques
- Systems thinking
- Systems wide modelling methodologies
- Discrete event simulation techniques and methodologies
- Case study analysis
- Use of industry based software tools
Intended Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the concepts of modelling approaches within a global organisation.
- Critically analyse the importance of the application of modelling for organisational development.
- Critically evaluate appropriate processes for the capture and representation of process knowledge.
- Critically evaluate the appropriate application of qualitative and quantitative modelling techniques.
- Critically analyse and model knowledge management processes.
- Establish and critically analyse dynamic simulation models of an organisation and critically assess model outcomes.
- Communicate the purpose and outcome of enterprise management models.