Health Administration MSc (India)
Module 3 - Statistical Analysis and Interpretation
To instill the requirement for statistical thinking at every stage of the research process and understand the rationale for applying specific statistical techniques in given situations.
- Basic statistical thinking (Frequentist and Bayesian)
- Experimental planning and monitoring
- Recognising sources of bias and minimising its effect
- Descriptive and analytical statistical methods (including non-parametric and parametric analysis)
- Statistical review for publication
- Interpretation of statistical data in scientific publications
- Systematic reviews
Intended Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Understand how statistics are applied in scientific studies
- Recognise potential sources of bias in studies and publications and understand the implications for the results
- Critically appraise the methodological approaches used in research studies and publications for appropriateness and utility
- Communicate effectively the results of statistical analyses.