Health Administration MSc (India)
Module 2 - Research Design and Methodology
To provide a systematic understanding of processes necessary to formulate, develop and test a scientific hypothesis.
- Developing a hypothesis, aims and objectives
- Experimental design
- Laboratory research methodology
- Qualitative research methods
- Design of human subject research
- Background and Information Sources
- Sources of funding
- Data handling and presentation
- Scientific writing examples
Intended Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this module the student will be able to:
- develop a hypothesis for a novel research problem
- formulate aims and objectives as a route to solving a hypothesis
- identify appropriate funding sources for a project
- distinguish between and describe quantitative and qualitative research methods
- recognise and use appropriate data presentation techniques.
- present and discuss results in a manner appropriate to publication in a peer-reviewed scientific journal.