Health Administration MSc (India)
Module 1 - Organisational Operations
To extend the student’s appreciation and understanding of knowledge based operations management function within an organisation through the application of tools and techniques to support operational decision making.
- Introduction to operations management and operations strategy.
- The product service package.
- Process layout and flows.
- Job design and work organisation.
- Capacity planning and control.
- Lean operations and JIT.
- Quality control.
- Operations improvement.
Intended Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Understand the nature of the operations management function and its role in the organisation.
- Understand the knowledge requirements for successful operations.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of the problems and issues which typically face operations managers.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of decision support and operations decision making.
- Apply concepts and techniques which support operations management.
- Analyse strategic implications of operations management.