This is an executive short course for practitioners who are beginning, or, are in the earlier stages of their career. You will be exposed to both theory and experience delivered by academics in the field and senior security risk management practitioners.
This course is not designed to tell you how to do your job, but it will help you to think about how you do your job. It is designed to meet both theoretical and practical needs. The course is enriched with presentations by senior practitioners from the security sector and government.
Comments from participants on previous Security and Risk Management courses include:
- "The course has ‘tooled’ me up academically to view my work from a different perspective, along with useful and current methodology to carry out Risk Management and Security work"
- "A perfect way to remind everyone that risk is not necessarily negative, it pays to take risks"
- "Excellent for those who need space to think about what the potential is in ... Risk Management"
- "A journey through the various ports of Risk Management. Not from a bird’s eye academic perspective, but with a firm focus on what it can achieve for you, and how you can benefit from it"
- "Informative, challenging, and thought provoking – it delivered"
- "Insightful, thought provoking, relaxed learning environment".